Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mormon Media Studies Symposium

Today for work I sat through three hours of presentations at the Mormon Media Studies Symposium. I had a blast video taping, taking notes, tweeting, and making a few Facebook posts. I would like to encourage the class to participate. Here are a few screen shots from twitter and Facebook:










It was fascinating to sit through these presentations to learn about what LDS members are doing today to share the gospel through media. I learned about Mormons in Jerusalem, LDS public affairs in Europe, Visual Framing of the election on religious websites, the LDS bloggernacle, and specific research about LDS public affairs and media in Italy. These are all things that will be beneficial to our presentation in encoraging LDS parents to use digital media as a positive interactive tool in their lives. I will try to make another post about what I learned later. For now, I have to write a paper for another class.

No comments:

Post a Comment